Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Doing the shimmy shake...

Yesterday I came to the realization that not only do I need to watch what I say, I need to watch my gestures as well, especially with my little angel Jill. Now, it's not as bad as you think, there are no middle fingers or anything like that flying around here, but there are some arm crossing and hands on the hips going around. Jill's been crossing her arms a lot lately, which I do all the time mainly because I never know what to do with my arms, so this wasn't really shocking to see her do. The hands on the hips though, and when we are either frustrated or being sassy, that's the kicker. I can't believe she knows when to break that out. The fun has just begun, right? Aaron knows when to throw in a smile to get himself out of trouble (just like his Daddy). It's hard to be mad at him when he throws his head back, closes his eyes and puts on his biggest drooly smile (Scott too, I'm kidding).
I forgot to mention this over the weekend, but my sister Cathy and niece Lorren saw Disney/Pixar's "UP" over the weekend (said it was cute by the way) and told me that the one character reminded them of Scott. Ok, he doesn't just remind you of Scott, he is Scott, seriously! So we're sitting here talking about it and Scott tells me that he gave the head of Pixar a 4 hour train tour when he still worked at Disney, and I'm like "Oh my gosh did you two take a picture together!?" Well he can't remember, but seriously, the resemblance is scary! Where are the royalty checks Disney/Pixar???? Needless to say Scott has a Halloween costume this year!

The kids are still on their Wiggles kick too. I'm not going to lie I thought the DVD was super cute and couldn't imagine getting sick of it. Week 2 of The Wiggles "You make me feel like dancing" and I'm over it. I mean it's a cute DVD, they love it, the songs are cute and catchy of course, but man.... I find myself singing "One finger, one thumb, one arm, one leg, one nod of the head, stand up, turn round, sit down keep moving" in my head and the most random times. It's actually on right now, and there they are dancing along and laughing, and here I am having a hard time typing this because I'm singing along. This is my favorite song on the DVD, seriously, I love it. I would so put it on my iPod in a heartbeat....



Nothing else new to report. My backyard is a savanna again so no playing in the yard today :( Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails