Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who are you talking to???

I think I spent 90% of my day on the phone, or emailing family, seriously. Scott took the kiddos this morning to go with him to get new work shoes, so I had the whole house to myself. I have to say it was a little unsettling. It was so quiet! I had no idea what to do with myself, so I'm glad I spent most of it on the phone :)

I've been getting back into genealogy and like I mentioned on Thanksgiving Thursday I found some cousins I never knew I had. We've been emailing family photos back and forth so I scanned over a photo that I had of my Great Grandmother. Jill saw the photo and took off running with it, frame and all. Then she proceeded to have a 15 minute conversation with the photo, luckily we didn't hear any other voices.

See, she wouldn't even share the photo with Aaron, that's her Great Great Grandma!

Today we Skyped with my parents, which the kiddos LOVED! Of course they didn't do anything while we were on the phone, just stared at the computer and blew kisses. It was pretty funny watching my parents who are ummm technologically challenged at times Skype with the kiddos. My sister said she could hear them down the hallway while she was in the laundry room, clear as day. The rest of the afternoon Jill kept walking over to the computer to see if she could see Busia and DziaDzio. It was pretty cute!

Nothing else really happened today, hope you had a great weekend!


5 comments:

Elle Bee said...

So funny about your Jill talking to the photo!
Elle

SouthernDogwoods said...

So funny! How cute!

Multiple personalities.. said...

Aw, that's too cute!! We love skype at our house, too. My parents just think it's the most amazing invention ever since it lets them 'see' their kids and grandkids that live far away. Your babies are just adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

Unknown said...

Isn't technology wonderful; we used a web cam when my grandson wil little and lived in Arizone. Now he lives 45 minutes from me, so I don't have to use the computer for a visit. But it sure was nice at the time.

just droppig by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

monica said...

I have never tired that Skype thing, would be pretty fun to talk to someone with the kids! How fun meetin gnew family members!

Related Posts with Thumbnails