Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happenings of the last 3 days

I have a ton of blog catching up to do, so let's start where we left off, shall we???

Wednesday night we met up with my parents, sister and niece for dinner at Garden Grill, which is inside The Land at EPCOT. The restaurant rotates, slowly, but rotates, as you eat. It's also one of the character dining restaurants that features Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. The kids went bananas over the characters, while they were visiting other kids, when the characters came up to them they acted like they were too cool for school. Here's some photos and video from that night:






The food there was really good too. It's all sustainable and most of it is grown at Disney.


On Christmas Eve my parents came over and hung out with us while I did some serious baking. I started cooking at 7 am and didn't stop until we left for mass at 5pm. Jill found a new toy, Busia's laundry basket. I was informed they are 2 for $5 at Walgreen's and they come in a variety of colors. Clearly I should not have spent my money on Christmas presents, this would have done the trick....



After mass Cathy and Lorren came over and helped Scott put together the climber that they got the kids for Christmas. It looks like it was quite the project from this photo:


In reality it took 15 minutes, and that even included time for Lorren to try out the slide (her feet hit my sliding glass door).

The kiddos actually slept in on Christmas morning. Any other day they are up at 7am on the nose, but on Christmas morning they slept in until 7:30. I have a feeling this will be the last time that happens. The kids weren't too sure what was going on and were not fans of having everyone there first thing in the morning (when I say everyone I mean us, my parents, Scott's parents, my sister and niece). They did LOVE all their presents though and Aaron wouldn't even leave the new toy kitchen to come open the rest of his presents!


The kids made out like bandits this year! And seriously love everything they got! Scott and I didn't do that bad either, I finally got my food processor (see blogging about wanting one totally works!) and we got a Wii! Now with the Wii, I always knew I was competitive, but had no idea the magnitude of my competitiveness. I channeled my inner Monica Geller when I was playing yesterday, for real. Do you remember that episode of Friends when they are in Barbados and Monica challenges Mike to ping pong? It was like with Scott and I sword fighting. I was out for blood, and the only thing missing was the fro that Monica was sporting in that episode.

Dinner was great too! I have a ton of leftovers though! I made ham, polish sausage, garlic potatoes, and green bean casserole and Mimi brought the stuffings and gravy. This was my first time making all this stuff so I was very pleased with how it turned out. I'm going to put up the recipes tomorrow!

I sincerely hope your Christmas was amazing and that you are enjoying the rest of your holiday weekend!

1 comment:

RUBY said...

Awww looks like it was lots of fun. We have something similar at the California one called Goofy's Kitchen I love how the characters come out to mingle. Looks like the kids loved it. What great memories!
btw
You have an award over at my blog !!!
Here's the direct link to collect it :)
http://growingupblackxican.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-1st-blog-award_26.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails