Monday, December 21, 2009

Why yes, Brian Dennehy IS alive!

We will get to 71 year old, very much alive Brian Dennehy in a moment, don't you worry!

The kiddos and I met up with my parents, sister and niece today at EPCOT. We had late lunch reservations in Germany but before we went in to eat we had a chance to sit and watch the trains. The kids are all about trains suddenly, and really everything is a train in their eyes.




Lunch was great, food-wise that is. Jill-wise not so hot, that is until the band came out. I don't know what it is about this music but both Aaron and Jill are huge fans! They were both bopping along in their chairs and clapping their hands, it was awesome!



The food in Germany is insanely good as well. Aaron had his fair share of sausage and meatballs with me. But nobody can put down some good German food like my niece. Witness her mad sauerkraut eating skills:

*Vomit* I think she had like 3 or 4 helpings of that, totally not normal. Sauerkrat aside I think this is one of my favorite places to eat in EPCOT. The food is awesome (it's one of the only buffets I will eat at, I hate buffets I think they are disgusting but that's a different post), the music is great and the beer, well duh!


After dinner we went to Candlelight Processional. All the years I have been in Florida, and all the years I worked for Disney, I actually have never seen this. The star doing the reading for tonight's processional was very much alive and kicking Brian Dennehy. Now, I am sure you are wondering why someone (ahem Ms. Lyons) would think award winning Brian Dennehy is dead. I have no idea, head over to Lani's blog and ask her, she seemed to think he was not with us. Because of this I had to make sure to snap lots of photos and video to prove my case.

The kiddos did really well during the 45 minute presentation. Aaron gasped (seriously) when Brian Dennehy (very much alive) started the nativity story, it was as if he thinking "Oh my gosh! I love this story!". Jill sang along at points, talked to the kids around us and made friends with the ladies behind us. It truly was beautiful and if you are ever down here when they have it I highly recommend going (get the dinner package so you have reserved seats!).


See, alive. However, I was disappointed that Tommy Boy was not mentioned in his "credentials".



It was a great night with great memories made for the kids! Hope you are having a great start to your week!

4 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Ha! So funny about Tommy Boy! ; ) You crack me up.
What an awesome day!
I have to admit - I LOVE sauerkraut!!! I can eat it straight from the can - YUM! It totally grosses out my husband though.

Susie Q said...

As the self appointed *Greatest Fan In The World Of Brian Dennehy* I am envious beyond belief! I have a blog buddy that was there too...she took many a picture for me...: )
Love Epcot and used to go a lot when stationed in Florida. Sadly, could not get down this year or last to see Brian!
Now, just who thought my favorite actor in the world was dead???
Loved your blog! I bookmarked to return easily!
Have a wonderful holiday!
Warmly,
Sue

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I was just leafing through my copy of Southern Living today, and the Candlelight Processional was one of their "must see Southern events" of the holiday season.

You're so lucky you got to go!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Souza Sisters said...

I love EPCOT at Christmas time!! We have only been to Disney once around the holidays but I loved EPCOT!! Sounds like you had a great time:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails