I made this for breakfast earlier in the week and just had to share it! It is called an Apple Oven Pancake (sometimes called a Dutch Baby) and I found the recipe in my trusty Williams-Sonoma cookbook.
What you need:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced apple (about 3 apples)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar...
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (I skipped this since I used gala apples not granny smith)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Powder sugar for dusting
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 and let your baking dish heat for 5 minutes
- In frying pan over medium-high heat melt 2 tablespoons of the butter, add apples and saute until tender (about 5-7 minutes)
- Sprinkle them with brown sugar, lemon and cinnamon.
- Coat baking dish with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to coat bottom and sides.
- Spoon apples into bottom of dish
- In a bowl whisk together egg, milk, flour, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Carefully pour batter over hot fruit and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust top with powder sugar.