Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Epic Fail in the Kitchen

It happened...

I attempted, twice, to make the kids homemade granola bars today. I got the recipe from The Sneaky Chef and was pretty pumped. It's all natural (all the ingredients but 2 are organic) and the most unhealthy thing in it are the chocolate chips.

I mixed all the dry ingredients:


Added the wet ingredients:

Baked it like the recipe in the book said and got this:

Epic fail....

I told Scott it didn't work out and he said that there is a "fix" for the recipe on The Sneaky Chef website. So I tried it again, with the "fix". Still didn't work, but I'm going to try again tomorrow and see what happens. I'm really hoping this works because the granola is super yummy and cheap to make. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Is that one of those yummy eat-with-a-spoon kind of fails? :) I hate when my fudge turns out that way, for example, but "spoon fudge" is awful good!

JennyLee said...

I am no granola expert but could you use more of the wet ingredient?

Amanda said...

It's actually too much of the wet ingredient, so I have to decrease it and just let it cool/set longer before removing it from the pan. And yes Mandy it is an eat-with-a-spoon kind of fail.

Shannon said...

Don't feel too bad...Once when my mom was out of town my dad made a lasagna but forgot to use the noodles. He used everything but and only realized his mistake after he put the final layer of sauce and noticed the whole pot full of noodles...Whoops! At least most fails can still be salvaged. The noodle less lasagna, not so much! Happy Weekend!

Cheryl Lage said...

Ugh. I really, really dislike new recipes. ;) Although, it DOES look tasty!

(and CONGRATS! You won one of the copies of See Mom Run! Email me with a mailing address to which you'd like it sent. :) )

Related Posts with Thumbnails