Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My new pancake recipe

My children are very much like my husband, they can eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've tried a bunch of pancake recipes and this one is hands down the kiddos favorite. I don't have a photo right now, but I'll get one posted asap!

What you need:
  • 1 cup of Sneaky Chef Flour Blend (1 cup of white flour, 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 cup of wheat germ, combine all together and store in fridge)
  • 1/4 cup ground almonds (unless you are allergic, then omit)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1 cup milk or buttermilk (I've made with both, if you are using regular milk omit baking soda and increase baking powder to 2 teaspoons)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

What to do:
  • Combine flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Create a well in center
  • Combine egg, milk, oil, honey and vanilla in separate bowl
  • Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and combine until just moistened
  • Prepare however you normally make pancakes. We use a snackmaster or the rediexpress since they are bit size for the kids.

For fun you can add sprinkles, chocolate chips, or fruit.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails