Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy 94!

Today is my Grandma's 94th birthday. Can you imagine living to 94? She's lived through two world wars, the Great Depression, Korea, Vietnam, presidential assassinations, and a slew of other things.



She's the person who gave me my love of baking, and my very own Kitchen Aid Mixmaster that's just like hers. I remember spending many days of my childhood in her kitchen making cookies. She also used to make me pancakes in the morning in either alphabet shapes or like Mickey Mouse, Donald, Minnie Mouse, you name it. I know it drove my Mom nuts when she would try and make me pancakes and I would say "That's not how Grandma makes them".

She also gave me the cross my Grandfather gave her on their wedding day. I wore it on mine and plan to give it to Jill to wear on her wedding day.

We may not be as close as we were when I was growing up, but she's still my Grandma and she gave me some amazing memories and helped shape me into the woman I am today. No matter what I will always be grateful.

Happy 94th Birthday Grandma!

2 comments:

Holly G said...

That is incredible. Happy birthday to your grandmother! I have some wonderful childhood memories of my grandma as well. It's really a shame she didn't live long enough to see the birth of our children. She always wanted to have a set of twins in the family!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful grandmother. Beautiful post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails