Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Maple Pumpkin Muffins


I've posted this recipe before, but it is so yummy and I'm getting ready to make it for my Columbiette's meeting tomorrow night. My friend Heather gave this recipe to me and I love it. It screams Fall and I'm sure if you paired it with a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks it would take it over the top!


Here's what you need:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 TBSP packed brown sugar,divided
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 TBSP maple syrup,divided
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese,softened (I discovered they actually sell this size, which makes it a lot easier than dividing up a 8 oz package)
Topping:
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
What to do:

  • In large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon,baking soda,pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  • Whisk eggs,pumpkin, milk,oil, and 1 TBSP syrup
  • Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  • Fold in pecans/walnuts
  • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining brown sugar and syrup until smooth.
  • Gently stir into batter until mixture appears swirled.
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about 3/4 full.
  • Combine topping ingredients;sprinkle over batter.
  • Bake @ 400 for 20-25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
  • Cool for 5 mins before removing from pan to a wire rack.
  • approx 1 doz [I actually got 1 and 1/2 doz.]
Be sure to stop by Life As We Know It to see what other yummy recipes are being added to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Those muffins look soooo good. I have been craving something with pumpking in it lately, so I might have to give these a try this weekend. :)

Meagan Halquist said...

Hi there! Visiting from Heather's WCW link-up. I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin so these will definitely be baked here in The Halquist House. Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails