Monday, November 14, 2011

The Swiss Cheese Debate

I've mentioned it before, but the kids are seriously cracking me up lately, which is a welcome change from the moments I want to rip my hair out. Aaron has a cheese obsession, seriously it's not a love, it's an obsession. He varies between what kind of cheese he wants though, it can be either string, square (sliced) or chunks. He likes all kinds, even kinds you wouldn't think a 3 1/2 year old would like (Gruyere, Peccorino-Romano to name a few). However, he has a problem with Swiss cheese. This is how it went down....

Aaron: Momma, can I have a square cheese?
Me: Ok...here you go. (handed him a slice of Swiss)
Aaron: No, the yellow cheese (Cheddar).
Me: Aaron I'm out of cheddar, I just have Swiss.
Aaron: Momma, it's broken.
Me: No, it's supposed to have holes in it, see... (show him the whole package)... all of them have holes.
Aaron: Oh no, all the cheese is broken! Fix it!
Me: No, it's supposed to have holes.
Aaron: Daddy fix it?
Me: Nobody can fix it, it's supposed to have holes.
Aaron: (moment of silence and contemplation) I want yellow cheese.
Me: I don't have cheddar Aaron, I just have Swiss.
Aaron: I don't want broken cheese. (walks away)

True story.

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHA! He's not eating that broken cheese! Too funny!

Judy Bemont said...

So cute!!!! You will appreciate my new book that was just released - a self help book with a fun style - The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life! It is a book how to get through life's holes without getting stuck in them! Swiss Cheese is not broken - it is distinct because of the holes - Have a taste! www.theswischeesetheoryoflife.com

Rebecca said...

It's good to know that they're all certifiable...not just mine!

Anonymous said...

I can totally see myself having this same conversation with either of my twins. Oh boy. The things they come up with....and it's actually quite logical if you really think about it. Right now they call Swiss cheese "Papa cheese" because grandpa always has it on his ham sandwich for lunch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails