1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with half the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing. (um whatever, I skipped this step, it just smelled sooooo good)
Seriously, this is so yummy. Another yummy thing to do with it is when it has cooled, heat it up in the microwave for a couple seconds, it's delish.