Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Thursday

For those of you that don't know what Thanksgiving Thursday is, it is the one time during the week where you stop and basically count your blessings. Even if you've had one of those weeks, I promise you can find at least one thing to be thankful for, no matter how big or small.

This week I am thankful for:
  • Scott and all the hours he has put in this past week. He worked the half marathon weekend and did a fantastic job.
  • Aaron and all of his silliness! He had a great time with his Tay Tay this week and was extra silly just for her. Oh and for Aaron saying that I was going to win the race, it was so sweet!
  • Jill and all the funny things she said and did to Tay Tay this past week. She went in to wake up Tay Tay one morning and Cathy said "Ok, I'm going to roll over and go back to sleep" and Jill said "Ok, I'm going to sit right here Tay Tay." Too cute!
  • Tay Tay coming down for a visit! We had so many laughs this past week and I am so glad we got to do the race together! I wish I could have run farther with you Cathy, we could have definitely hit that 3 hour goal if I didn't put all that energy into my flailing arms (Apparently I really do run like Phoebe from Friends).
  • My cousin Debbie being a part of the Princess Weekend as well. I hardly ever see Debbie, so it was great to have her in town!
  • All of the volunteers and people in the cheering sections who cheered us on during the race. There is something incredibly awesome about having a total stranger cheer you on.
  • Having the ability to stop and maneuver around the woman that would have made me a thong. You have no idea how traumatic that was. I couldn't run for a while because I was laughing so hard. Well, I wasn't laughing at that, I was laughing at my sister imitating my Dad by calling it a "tong".
  • KT Tape, I don't think I would have been able to run for nearly as long as I did had it not been for that medical marvel.
  • Finishing the race. I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis as a child, and at that time they didn't want me to do anything. I remember during flare ups having to sit out of gym class and having to stop taking dance. Running this half marathon essentially was something I was told I could never do. Granted, I didn't run the whole 13.1 (actually it was longer because of the path that we ran), but all things considered it was a victory. I want to hit 3 hours or less next year, so training starts now.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails