Friday, April 6, 2012

Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes

Image Credit: Kraft Brands

Normally, I don't share recipes before I actually try them, but I have a lot of faith in this recipe. I'm making these Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes for Sunday and thought I would share the recipe since it's a great recipe to make with the kiddos.

What you need:

  • 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
  • 1/4 cup dry Lemon Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
  • 1/4 cup dry Lime Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
  • 1/4 cup dry Strawberry Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
  • 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting

What to do:

  • Prepare cake batter as directed on package; divide evenly into 3 bowls.
  • Stir different flavor dry gelatin mix into batter in each bowl.
  • Alternately spoon batters into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, adding about 2 Tbsp. of each batter to each cup.
  • Bake as directed on package for cupcakes.
  • Cool completely.
  • Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes.

What about the extra gelatin?

Combine leftover dry gelatin mixes in medium bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir 2 min. until mixes are completely dissolved. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cold water. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.

Don't these sound fun and yummy? A big thank you to my MOM for sending me the recipe!

1 comment:

cat said...

Looks stunning

Related Posts with Thumbnails