Image Credit: Kraft Brands
Normally, I don't share recipes before I actually try them, but I have a lot of faith in this recipe. I'm making these Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes for Sunday and thought I would share the recipe since it's a great recipe to make with the kiddos.
What you need:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1/4 cup dry Lemon Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
- 1/4 cup dry Lime Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
- 1/4 cup dry Strawberry Flavor Gelatin (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.)
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
What to do:
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; divide evenly into 3 bowls.
- Stir different flavor dry gelatin mix into batter in each bowl.
- Alternately spoon batters into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, adding about 2 Tbsp. of each batter to each cup.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes.
- Cool completely.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes.
What about the extra gelatin?
Combine leftover dry gelatin mixes in medium bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir 2 min. until mixes are completely dissolved. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cold water. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
Don't these sound fun and yummy? A big thank you to my MOM for sending me the recipe!