Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Avengers


I was able to see The Avengers last week and have literally been bursting at the seams since waiting to talk about it.  Now, I'm going to be honest, I haven't seen any of the other films, and actually I fell asleep when watching Captain America (Jenn, please don't hate me). I do blame that on comfy sweat pants and my couch though, because Chris Evans is crazy good looking.  Anyway, I had zero background information on any of the characters, except for what I've seen on The Super Hero Squad Show. Scott, on the other hand, is a Marvel geek and was beyond excited about seeing the movie. Scarlett Johansson walking around in a skin tight outfit was only icing on the cake. Quite frankly, I'm glad they threw him ScarJo because I know I had plenty of eye candy.


Here's what the studio is saying about the film:

Marvel Studios presents “Marvel’s The Avengers”—the Super Hero team up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson,Jeremy Renner and Tom Hiddleston, with Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, directed by Joss Whedon, from a story by Zak Penn and Joss Whedon with screenplay by Joss Whedon, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since. Prepare yourself for an exciting event movie, packed with action and spectacular special effects, when “Marvel’s The Avengers” assemble May 4th, 2012.



The Avengers is crazy amazing and I have every intention of seeing it again in the theaters and rushing out to buy it the second it's on DVD. The special effects are unbelievable (but not overly CGI). Now, if you haven't seen the other movies (like me) you will not be lost at all. They do cover each member of The Avengers and explain a little bit about their background. I do wish they spent maybe more time on hunkalicious Jeremy Renner, but that's just me. I think they make up for that with Chris Evans being in his Captain America costume pretty much the entire film.



Scott said the movie had him so tense throughout because he was literally on the edge of his seat waiting for the next thing to happen. It is definitely action packed, and quite honestly extremely humorous. Seriously, Robert Downey Jr. is perfect in this movie and I found myself quoting him the entire ride home. 

If you know anything about Marvel movies, you know there are awesome cameos/references and you have to stay through the credits. I absolutely will not spoil all of that goodness for you.  

Are you planning on seeing The Avengers this weekend? Who is your favorite Avenger? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails