Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Thursday: Anniversary Edition


For those of you that don't know what Thanksgiving Thursday is, it is the one time during the week where you stop and basically count your blessings. Even if you've had one of those weeks, I promise you can find at least one thing to be thankful for, no matter how big or small.

Since Sunday is our 6th anniversary, this Thanksgiving Thursday is all about our marriage!

This anniversary I am thankful for:

  • January 16, 2003. It's the day I met Scott in the tunnels underneath Magic Kingdom. He was the coordinator of training at the time for Main Street Ops and I was in his last pick up, he would move up to management the next week. 
  • Scott remembering that day as much as I do. He can even tell you what I was wearing.
  • The night he asked if I wanted to close Main Street with him, meaning walk the last family out of the park. We were all alone inside Cinderella Castle (literally above where we first met), it was perfect until a construction worker at Mickey's Philharmagic slammed his toolbox on his finger and Scott had to leave me with the 60 year old security officer. 
  • The summer of 2004. Even though in all respects it was an awful summer for me, Scott was a shoulder to cry on, a confidant, and the best friend I could have had. If he hadn't been there as a friend to me during that summer and the aftermath of that summer, things could have turned out drastically different.
  • The moment we realized we should give a relationship a go. It was not an easy decision and we definitely pissed a lot of people off, but here we are and I wouldn't change it.
  • His patience with me during the aftermath of the summer of 2004. Seriously, the man has the patience of Job. 
  • Scott asking my Dad in person if he could marry me. I truly appreciate that he asked him face to face instead of over the phone.
  • May 16, 2005. It's the day I said "yes!" in the rain, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, on our way to Alaska. 
  • May 27, 2006. It's the day we said "I do!" in front of our friends and family. The day was pure perfection. 
  • The past 6 years of marriage. We've had our shares of ups and downs during the past 6 years, but we have chosen to use those challenges as a way to strengthen our foundation and marriage. I could not imagine spending my life with anyone else.
Happy anniversary Scott! 

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails