Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake

If there is one thing that Paw Paw loves it's chocolate cake, if there's another thing, it's Oreo's. I combined the two for this Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake. I'm loving poke cakes since I made the banana pudding one. They are so easy and beyond delicious. 



Ingredients:

  • 1 box chocolate cake mix (go on the indulgent side and get a fudge style) and ingredients needed for cake mix (oil, eggs, water)
  • 2 (4oz) Oreo Cookies n Creme instant pudding 
  • 4 cups of milk for pudding
  • 1 container of Cool Whip (optional)
  • Crushed Oreo's (optional)


Directions:

  • Make your chocolate cake per the directions on the box
  • After cake has cooled for a few minutes poke holes all the way to the bottom throughout the cake
  • Make your pudding per the directions on the box
  • Pour pudding over cake making sure you get it in all the holes
  • Put in the refrigerator to set
  • The recipe that inspired me on this cake didn't use Cool Whip, but I thought it needed it, strictly for looks. The pudding doesn't really cover the cake and it kind of made me crazy, so I added Cool Whip after the pudding set. 
  • Before you serve the cake add your crushed Oreo's


This cake was so yummy! It's definitely a keeper over here!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh I seriously do not like you anymore!!! LOL!!! This looks so good! I may have to make it for the weekend before school starts celebration!! LOL! How fun it will be for the kiddos to slap together!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails