If there is one thing that Paw Paw loves it's chocolate cake, if there's another thing, it's Oreo's. I combined the two for this Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake. I'm loving poke cakes since I made the banana pudding one. They are so easy and beyond delicious.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (go on the indulgent side and get a fudge style) and ingredients needed for cake mix (oil, eggs, water)
- 2 (4oz) Oreo Cookies n Creme instant pudding
- 4 cups of milk for pudding
- 1 container of Cool Whip (optional)
- Crushed Oreo's (optional)
- Make your chocolate cake per the directions on the box
- After cake has cooled for a few minutes poke holes all the way to the bottom throughout the cake
- Make your pudding per the directions on the box
- Pour pudding over cake making sure you get it in all the holes
- Put in the refrigerator to set
- The recipe that inspired me on this cake didn't use Cool Whip, but I thought it needed it, strictly for looks. The pudding doesn't really cover the cake and it kind of made me crazy, so I added Cool Whip after the pudding set.
- Before you serve the cake add your crushed Oreo's
This cake was so yummy! It's definitely a keeper over here!