Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cottage-Fried Potatoes

Growing up, my favorite meal that my parents made was breaded pork cutlets with cottage fries and brown gravy. When I think of comfort food, that is the meal I think of. 

I decided to make some cottage fries the other night, and while they were nothing like my parents, they were pretty decent. I definitely put too many in the pan and they were kind of soggy, not crispy like I wanted.


Here's what you need:


3 tbsp butter
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (peeled, or unpeeled)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper

Here's what you need to do:

Melt your butter in a large skillet
Layer the sliced potatoes in the skillet
Sprinkle the potatoes with your salt, garlic powder, and black pepper
Cover and cook for 8 minutes
Uncover and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until potatoes are tender and browned

While I didn't serve this with pork cutlets and brown gravy, it was still as yummy as I remember. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails