Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our daughter, the kleptomaniac....

We were getting the kids ready for bed tonight and Jill came into the room with a blanket that was most definitely not hers. Turns out the little kleptomaniac took another girls blanket from school. So what does a parent do in this situation? I have no idea, but this is what we did.

Scott and I both talked to Jill about why you should not take other people's things and even used the example of the tables being turned. Then I had Jill write a card to her classmate that she will give her tomorrow when she apologizes. She also has to tell her teacher that she took the blanket home. 


I will say this, I am surprised it has taken this long for her to do something like this and I am not shocked that she took home the blanket of a girl that she does not particularly get along with in school. 

I am curious though, is this how you would have handled the situation?

1 comment:

cat said...

I do think you handeled it the exact right way

Related Posts with Thumbnails