Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Competitive Spirit

My sister bought the kiddos Just Dance Disney Party for Halloween, I finally broke it out over the weekend for us to play. I think I made a mistake. 

It turns out not only did my daughter basically inherit all of my looks, she also inherited my competitive spirit. Yes, we are calling it a competitive "spirit".  



After the first song the kids realized they earn points and the person with the most points gets a crown. Game on...game on. Jill was the first to get the crown and promptly channeled my mother and yelled/growled "Yeeeeeesssssssss!"

I cannot remember how many songs the kids danced to, but I do know the night ended with Jill crying because she did not win the last round and Aaron was trying to console her.  

We played again yesterday and it wasn't as bad. Then Aaron decided to take a nap and Jill, all confident and all, challenged me to a round of Just Dance. Game on Jill..game on.

We made it through three rounds before she said she didn't want to play anymore. Now, I know what you're thinking, how could you not let her win? Simple, she needs to learn to lose sometimes and gracefully at that. I was proud of how she handled herself this afternoon, it was much different then how she acted last night.

I'm not sure if this house is big enough for two Monica Gellars. 

1 comment:

Kerrie @ Family Food and Travel said...

Looks like a ton of fun! And, I am sure your house has room for two Monica Gellers :)

Kerrie
www.familyfoodandtravel.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails