Monday, January 21, 2013

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

4 years ago I sat on my couch watching history being made, the first African American President being sworn into office. Today, I went to Hollywood Studios with the kids and like a good American I DVRed the Inauguration.

As I sit here and watch the President speak I am filled with the same hope I was 4 years ago and I loved that my kids, well...Aaron, asked questions while watching the ceremony. Granted, he was more excited about the Marines and Secret Service, but he was at least excited nonetheless.

Again, the President gave an amazing speech, which you can view here:

Inauguration 2013: President Obama's 2nd Inaugural Address: Full Speech | Video - ABC News

Now let's hope Congress doesn't fight him these next four years.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails