Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

We had a fantastic Easter weekend! We started on Saturday by coloring eggs, which the kids love to do. 


Yup, Momma was ballsy wearing a white shirt and dyeing eggs with four year old twins. Thankfully, no clothing was harmed in the dyeing process. 


I'm not totally sure what we are going to do with all of these eggs. I, personally, do not like hard boiled eggs and while Scott likes them, I do not see him eating a dozen of them. 

We also went to Easter Vigil, something we have not been to since Scott joined the Catholic Church 4 years ago. 


There is something about the Easter Vigil that is so moving and really drives home the message of Easter. The kids only lasted 10 minutes into mass, having the lights out will do that to you.

Since we went to mass on Saturday night, we were able to take our time on Sunday morning. Jill was up at 5:00 a.m., yes, 5:00 a.m., to let us know that the Easter Bunny had arrived. I'm promptly told her it was still bedtime and she asked if she could just check. I may or may not have told her if she got out of bed that the Easter Bunny would come back and take away her basket. I'm sure I will pay for that in years of therapy later, but it was 5:00 a.m. on a Sunday. When she has a child (or two) just like her she will understand and thank me. Yes, thank me. 

Jill went ahead and woke up Aaron around 6:30 and we were able to check out the baskets.


I love that Mr. Bunny took it easy on the candy this year. Graham crackers are cooler anyway. The kids seemed to agree. 


We also had an Easter egg hunt in the house. We couldn't really do it outside yet since you know the whole backyard is still a hot mess from the storm. The kids still had a blast though.


They also helped me make resurrection rolls, a tradition I started with them last year. 


The rolls are a great tool to help explain the story of the resurrection to the kids. They are also pretty freakin' delicious.

After hanging out for a while we headed over to Mimi and PawPaw's house and guess what, the Easter Bunny visited there too. 


After lunch we went to our favorite frozen yogurt place to have some dessert and on the way back to the car, I was able to snap this sweet photo:


I mean, really, how cute is this?! 

We had such a great Easter weekend and hope you did too!










2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Looks like the perfect Easter weekend! Love the pics!

Happy Easter!

cat said...

I tdoes look like an absolutely great one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails