Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Is she eating again?"

Scott is on a huge weight loss journey and because of this we had to switch up our meals and all around eating habits. Now this doesn't mean that we ate awful before, we just really needed to start being mindful of everything we were putting in our mouths.

Scott has started sharing his "what did the fat guy eat" on his blog, but I thought I would share a few of the meals here, too.

When Scott told me he wanted to start losing weight I started researching meals that were healthy, low in calories and still yummy. Sometimes that can be a tall order to fill, but thankfully there the site, Skinny Mom. Here are some of the yummy things I have made from that site:


Turkey Burger Casserole
Aaron and Scott both gobbled this up and it's even better the next day!


Three-Cheese Penne
O.M.G. That's all I have to say.


Mexican Stuffed Shells
This recipe makes a ton, no, seriously.

Other favorites include sour cream enchiladas, slow cooker chicken pot pie and BBQ chicken flatbread.

So that takes care of dinners and well, let's be honest, lunches because Lord knows there are enough leftovers for lunches. What about snacks/desserts?

Well, our go-to dessert is a concoction that I made up. Take one apple, dice it up, melt one tablespoon of peanut butter, pour over the apple and sprinkle with chocolate chips.


It satisfies every possible craving you could have.

For snacks, I will tell you this, I eat almost all day. No, seriously. Chances are if you step into my office I am either a) eating something b) just finished eating something or c) am about to eat something. What am I always snacking on? Here's the short list:

  • Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (either Caramel Macchiato or Vanilla) with granola
  • Baby Bell Light 
  • Gala or Fuji apple
  • Strawberries and kiwi
  • Reduced Fat Fig Newtons
  • Angie's Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn (only 140 calories for 2 cups!)
  • Luna bars
  • Whole grain Cheez Its
  • Snap Pea Crisps
  • Banana
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I have to be honest here.)
Scott included some of his snacks on his blog, so you can check those out, too. 

All in all I think this was a pretty easy transition. The kids love the meals and so do a few of my coworkers who get to sample the leftovers. 

Be sure to check in with Scott and help encourage him! He's almost down 30 lbs!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails