Saturday, August 29, 2015

Visits with My Brother and Family - AKA The Foozball Game

My brother and his family was in town last week and it was such an awesome visit. My nephew's football team was going to be playing a game at Wide World of Sports and I was beyond excited because it was my first time seeing him play.

We started out the visit by going to dinner at Trails End over at Fort Wilderness, which honestly, we had never been to before. Definitely check it out, it's a fantastic buffet (and I hate buffets). The only downside was that the bathrooms were on the other side of the building, next to Hoop De Doo. Normally, this would not be an issue, but there was a monsoon that night and someone (Jill) had to pee twice during dinner. One of those times was during a downpour. Aside from the rain, it was an awesome dinner.

We met up the next day at Magic Kingdom and it was hot. Like really hot. Like I'm sure we were melting at one point. The visit definitely required a visit to the Plaza ice cream shop. Jill discovered a new favorite flavor while we were there, birthday cake.

While hanging at Magic Kingdom was awesome, the real reason why everyone was there was to see Jeffery play the foozball. We planned our arrival at Wide World of Sports perfectly because we were able to watch the team walk in. Aaron literally lost his mind when he saw Jeffy. He ran up, high fived him and was upset that he couldn't hang with the team.

We had a lot of time to kill before the game, so we grabbed some dinner and then...the rain came. Thankfully we were able to hang out in the field house and watch a basketball practice.

But then the rain didn't stop...

It kept raining....

And raining...

And lightening...

And thundering....

And raining....

3 hours. It stormed for 3 hours.

Needless to say we were inside for the 3 hours waiting out the storm. Every time we thought the storm was passing a flash of lightening would appear. It was brutal.

When the storm was starting to die down, they brought the team out to start warming up. Aaron lost his mind when he saw Jeffy in his uniform. My brother snagged an awesome video of him cheering for Jeffy and asking to wear his helmet.
We finally made it out to the field after 10 pm and kickoff was around 10:15ish, I think.

We didn't stay too long though, Scott and I had to work the next morning and the kiddos had to go to camp. The team ended up winning, which is awesome!

We met up with my brother and his family on Saturday for a quick dip in the pool and then another afternoon at Magic Kingdom.

Again, it was really hot and humid, but still a ton of fun. My brother, niece and Jill went on Splash Mountain and were soaked! Jill kept reminding me throughout the day that her pants were in fact still wet.

We also went on the speedway. I think my sister-in-law was the smartest one in the group because she rode solo. Aaron and Art rode together, Kaitlyn and Jill were in another car and Scott and I paired up. It was a fun little trip around the track, with only a hint of whiplash.

We knew Jeffy was coming with his group so we headed to the front of the park to meet up with him.

Again, Aaron was just beyond excited to see him. He was also with some of his teammates and Aaron was ready to be one of the boys. At one point he walked up to me and said, "Bye Mom, I'm going with the boys."

After we met up with Jeffy, we made another visit to the ice cream shop and settled in to watch the parade. Kaitlyn and I were also able to sneak away and ride Space Mountain (Kaitlyn actually rode it twice).

It was such a fun visit with my brother and his family. I love when they come to town and cannot wait to see them again at Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails