Sunday, September 13, 2015

Alex and Jenna Get Hitched

The entire reason we went to Chicago was to attend my nephews wedding. The wedding was actually in Wisconsin, so we had to road trip. This included my Dad breaking out the atlas, because...well because. 


Cathy and Lorren left first because Lorren was doing some of the makeup for the wedding. Scott, the kiddos and I jumped in the car with my parents. 


The kiddos settled in with some movies, Scott chilled, I read a book and we got lost. Yup, at some point we missed the turn. The atlas failed us. Thankfully, Google maps got us back on track and to the hotel with time to spare. The other bonus was that our rooms were ready. I'm pretty sure the majority of the guests were from the wedding. 

We grabbed some lunch, got ready and headed to the farm for the wedding. Alex and Jenna got married on Jenna's grandparents farm and it was beautiful. 


The reception was in the hanger on the farm. They had bags set out for everyone to play, a photo booth, a candy bar and dinner was tacos (ole!). 


One of the great parts of the night was when all of us kids got together and toasted with some Jack Daniels Reserve. I mean, isn't this what every family does?


Naturally, we took our shots from wine glasses because...because.


It was in this moment that I knew I would be drinking water for the remainder of the night. I should mention this shot came towards the end of the night and several glasses (possibly solo cups) of wine later. 


I think only Cathy and I knew we were taking a silly photo. But yes, here are 5 of the 6 kids with our parents. We definitely put the fun in dysfunctional. 

The whole night was wonderful though. Aaron found some boys to play with and covered his pants in grass stains. Scott and I had a few dances on the dance floor. Jillian hung with the cousins and found the photo booth. These are the photos that we know that she is in....


The night ended with pizza under the stars, sparklers on the runway and collapsing in our hotel room. I am so thankful we were able to be there for Alex and Jenna on their special day!





1 comment:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Such incredible memories you're creating for your kiddos...makes my heart happy to read about it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails