Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day: What Makes Him a Great Dad?



Yay, welcome to the first of many posts related to the big project!!! Today's question of the week on Multiples and More is, "What makes your husband/father a great Dad?"

I'm going to start with Scott...
It is hard to pinpoint what makes Scott a great dad, he just is! Let me start by saying that Scott was terrified (to a point) of having kids. He had never really spent a lot of time around newborns and just wasn't too confident with the whole situation. If you would have asked him 3 years ago how many kids he wanted he would have said 1, maybe 2. That all changed at our first ultrasound when we found out we were having twins. He was great the whole pregnancy and even better once they were born! He was a natural! Scott took right to everything, and has continued to be right there every step of the way. My fondest memories of this first year with the kids is finding Scott with one of them asleep in his arms, or on his chest. I love the tender moments he has with them, and how excited they are to see him when he comes home from work. I know that this is just the beginning of great things to come!

And now, my Dad...It's no secret, I am a Daddy's girl. I am the youngest of 6, and was a definite surprise to my parents, who were both in their 40s when they found out they were having me. My Dad was in the sheet metal industry as a shop superintendent. He worked long hours, but that's ok, he did what he had to do for our family, and I am so grateful for that. He always kissed me goodbye and told me he loved me in the morning before he left for work (didn't think I knew that, did you Dad?). He was just the best Dad a girl could ask for while growing up. I was even lucky enough to spend a lot of time with him my senior year of high school because he was retired by that point. He has always been my sounding board and my voice of reason, and for that I think he is a great father. I wish everyone could have a Dad like mine, even though he used to terrorize the guys I would bring home.

Happy Father's Day everyone! Be sure to play along at Multiples and More!

3 comments:

Lani said...

Aww, so glad you have such great dads in your life!

Jackie said...

first of all, BEAUTIFUL photo of you and your dad!! I am going to have to pull out one of my wedding with my dad!! :) You are blessed!

The Q family said...

Your tribute to your dad is so sweet. I love the picture of your babies and their daddy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails