Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day was pretty low-key yesterday. Scott and I went to mass, while Mimi and PawPaw watched the kiddos, and then we really didn't do anything. Aaron still isn't 100% and wants to be held for the most part, plus it is just way too hot outside. At one point my car said it was 102 outside, seriously. I made Scott one of his favorites for dinner, Italian beef sandwiches with roasted potatoes. My au jus was not that great, it was more of a gravy, but the sandwiches were still super yummy!
I cannot get over this heat though! I literally break a hard sweat walking to the mailbox and back, that's how hot it is. I have zero desire to experience August if it's this hot already. Maybe if I wiggle my nose it'll be November?
Hope you all had a great Father's day and are keeping cool (or if you're up North, dry).

1 comment:

SouthernDogwoods said...

I agree about the heat! In Alabama it is just around 92 - 95 right now but I think it is only JUNE!!!
My best friend just moved from Kansas to Florida so she is welcoming the heat!
Great Father's Day picture!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails