Sunday, August 2, 2009

Multiples and More Question of the Week and then some!



This week's question is:

What is the biggest lesson that you have learned in your multiples' first year of life?

I would have to say the biggest lesson I have learned is to put the parenting books down! In the beginning I stressed over every last thing and would call my Mom in a panic because Aaron and Jill weren't doing something that I saw in one of the
books. Plus I would stress if Jill was doing something that Aaron wasn't. I've gotten better about this, but definitely still have my moments.

Play along at Multiples and More!


*************************************************************************************
In other news, I attempted to make homemade spinach gnocchi for the kids last night and I thought I followed the recipe the right way, but I must have done something wrong because they totally did not come out right. I'm thinking it's because I don't have a food processor and jammed everything into the Cuisinart hand blender/gadget/thing.

We took the kids swimming yesterday too, of course they L
OVED it! They really loved it when PawPaw turned on the spa jets! We did have an "incident" though. Jill most definitely pooped in the pool. Thankfully it did not escape the diaper, or at least not to our knowledge. It did however float up to her stomach and it was nasty. But minus the tootsie roll incident it was a fun time!

Scott and I even got to go out on a date last night! We went to Bonefish Grill for some awesome seafood and then headed over to Downtown Disney to have some ice cream at Ghiradelli's. It was so nice to have a night away! Thanks again Mimi and PawPaw for watching the kiddos!

Today we attempted to go to the farmers market, but ummm...it wasn't there? Yeah. Good thing we had to stop at Sweetbay on the way home anyway. They have pork spareribs $1.29 a pound, so guess what we're having for dinner!!!! Here are some photos of the kiddos from this morning....

2 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Great answer - I agree! I used to sweat over the parenting books too!
Yay for date night!

Elle Bee said...

Thanks for answering the Q of the Week. I can't yet because my twins are only 9 months. But I do have a 3 yo and you're right--those meet-or-miss-milestones can drive you batty and make you worry! In fact, I just found myself very worried a few days ago because my boy twin just had an explosion of social development and my girl twin did not. Well, weeks before, she had an explosion of physical development and he did not! I just need to calm down! They're developing at their own pace. Thanks for the reminder to step away from the books! :oD
Linda
PS "minus the tootsie roll incident it was a fun time" FUNNY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails