Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is in your hand?

I'm not a bug person, not even a little bit. I don't think spider webs are beautiful, I would never put an ant farm in my house, and don't even get me started on that giant grasshopper that has made a home for itself on the wall leading up to my house. So today I was in the kids bathroom picking up the all the dirty towels and when I lifted the one I had on the floor, this came crawling out:In true girl fashion I screamed, kicked the rug and slammed the door. Somehow in this process I forgot that there is an opening underneath the door that would allow the millipede to escape the bathroom. I tried to forget about the creepy crawly and go about the rest of my morning. The kids were playing really nice (a welcome change from yesterday) and I was getting a ton of stuff done. The kids were playing in the hallway and I didn't think anything of it until they came around the corner and I noticed Aaron had something in his hand, what the? I was trying to figure out what he picked up and then it moved. Then he tried to put it to his mouth to eat it. I probably gave the poor kid a heart attack because I started screaming and yelling for him to drop it. I finally knocked it out of his hand but it started to crawl up his PJ pants (still gives me the heebie jeebies). I finally killed it with Scott's flip flop (ssshhh I didn't tell him I used his and not mine) and tossed it. It took a good 15 minutes for Aaron and I to fully calm down for the "episode". It also took 15 minutes for me to believe that I had thoroughly washed Aaron's hands and face. It took another hour at least for me to stop having the internal debate on whether he had put it in his mouth when he was in the hallway and if I should scrub his teeth, tongue and cheeks (which I did anyway because I am paranoid). Hopefully nothing will crawl out at us tomorrow and we can have a nice relaxing day :)

2 comments:

Lani said...

Oh ewwwww. We've got our share of creatures on our houses don't we?

SouthernDogwoods said...

Oh NO!!! I am the same way! Thank goodness you saw it in his hand!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails