Sunday, November 22, 2009

Animal Kingdom with Mimi and PawPaw

We went to Animal Kingdom today with Mimi and PawPaw. I think it's the first time they have been there in 6 years. The park was unusually busy, I have a feeling more people are taking the entire week of Thanksgiving off now. We still had a great time and got to see a ton of animals.

We went back to Asia first, where I worked many moons ago, and walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek. This is one of the kids favorite paths because the tigers are back there.


We ended up seeing a total of 5 tigers. Jill was not pleased to have to leave the tiger exhibit, I think she could have sat there all day, seriously.

After our walk we headed over to one of the newer restaurants called Yak and Yeti. They serve Asian style food and it is way yummy! Scott and I had only eaten at the quick service place outside and thought that was great, but inside is phenomenal! I had miso salmon with bok choy and shitake mushrooms (sooooooooooo good!), Scott had honey chicken, Mimi had chicken lo mein and PawPaw had a Kobe beef burger (I'm not a beef eater anymore but oh my God! 'Twas the best beef I have ever put in my mouth). The kids had chicken nuggets, well Jill had chicken nuggets, Aaron ate some Jello and fries (so healthy, right?)


After lunch we definitely needed to do some walking so we headed to Pangani Forest to see the gorillas and other animals and then headed to Kilimanjaro Safari. The kids absolutely love this ride! Aaron fell asleep before we got there and was in a daze the entire time. Jill pointed all the animals out to Mimi and PawPaw and even danced along to the traditional African music.







All in all it was a really great day! I hope Mimi and PawPaw had as much fun as us!

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails