Friday, January 29, 2010

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet! I make these pancakes for the kiddos all the time with a variety of fruits, but usually cinnamon sugar apples.


What you need:
  • 1 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar (I use Splenda)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons of melted butter (unsalted)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • fruit if you want fruit filing

What to do:
  • Mix your dry and wet ingredients
  • When I use cinnamon apples I dice my apple and sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda and heat in the microwave for one minute
  • Mix the fruit into the batter
  • Heat in a griddle pan until done (heart shaped pancakes are totally optional)
My kiddos love these pancakes! If you don't like whole wheat you can use regular white flour. Enjoy!

3 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Yum! Sounds delish! Thank you for sharing - I am always looking for more fun & yummy things to feed the kids.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Those sound delicious and super easy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Hope you have a great day!

Stephanie said...

Hello! I posted after you in today's SITS Saturday Sharefest and just wanted to say hi. Love your blog logo and the pancake recipe looks absolutely wonderful -- will have to try it tomorrow.

Have a great day!

-Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails