Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicken Noodle Salad

I don't know what the weather is like by you, but here in super sunny Florida it is beyond hot. The last thing I want to do right now is crank up the oven, so we're eating a lot of salads. This one is Scott's favorite, I make him a big batch for him to take for lunch.

Here's what you need:
  • 2 carrots diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced (you can really use any pepper here, I've mixed stoplight peppers for it too, super yummy!)
  • 2 cups small pasta noodles (shells or elbows) cooked
  • 2 cups of cooked chicken (I've also used tuna, again, super yummy)
  • 3 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
  • handful of tomatoes (optional)

What to do:

Mix it all up, it's that easy! Then add either your favorite dressing, or this really yummy one I've made...

BBQ Honey Ranch Dressing
  • 4 tablespoons low fat ranch dressing
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons store bought BBQ sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Mix everything together, add to salad and toss. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails