Saturday, June 19, 2010

Strawberry Muffins from Weelicious

I'm a huge fan of Weelicious.com, Catherine makes some amazing kid friendly food that is really good for you. With berries being in season I decided to try this recipe for strawberry muffins. The kids could not get enough of them!


Strawberry Muffins (Makes 24-28 Mini Muffins)

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup Milk (low fat or whole cow’s milk, almond, rice or soy milk will work)
1/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Honey or Agave Nectar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1 1/2 Cups Strawberries, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients.‬
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and add milk, oil, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest and stir.‬
4. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until incorporated (try not to over mix the batter).‬
5. Add the strawberries to the batter and slowly combine.‬
6. Line or grease muffin tins and fill 2/3 of the way with batter.‬
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.‬
8. Cool and serve.‬

* If you want to make regular sized muffins, fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy and be sure to check out weelicious.com for more yummy recipes!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Those look yummy!!

twinkietotmom said...

I just told Mike, "I might make these strawberry muffins." and his reply, "Tonight? Start bakin'...they look good!" So I guess seeing as tomorrow is Father's Day and all I will bake them tonight! Lucky for me I actually have all the ingredients on hand! I hate when I really want to make something and don't have what you need to make it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails