Friday, July 16, 2010

We're good....I think?

So I think the snot is almost behind us, the rare vomit that occurred this morning, hmmmm well I'll keep you posted (nothing like the smell of milk coming up in the morning to get you going).

Between the heavy afternoon showers and the snot we've been pretty chill over here. Aaron did get to go with me to the pet store the other day to get our dog food. He loves the pet store. A trip that should have taken 30 seconds ended up taking 15 minutes because we had to look at ALL the fish. Thank God he didn't see the birds. We've been toying with the idea of getting a fish tank. Scott had a huge one before we started dating (it took up half the wall) and was really into it. He had a lion fish, puffer, two eels and some other ones. When he hears fish tank he thinks that's what we're going to do. I'm thinking goldfish. You got to love that about him, if he's going to do it he wants to do it the best way possible. Or at least the coolest way.

Since they felt so poorly the other day, on our way home from the pet store I got the kids smoothies from Starbucks (Aaron may or may not have gotten a package of Madeleine's). Both kids loved them, and I loved that they at least got something in their stomach. Besides, you need to start the Starbucks addiction early.

The kids also went with me to the doctor yesterday. Thank you to the nurse who bribed them with lollipops (granted they were Tootsie Pops, and I have an issue with that part), it definitely made the appointment less stressful. Aaron being mommy's true defender even yelled at the nurse when she gave me my vaccine (FYI parents you should be vaccinated against whooping cough) and Jill just sat and cried. I wanted to cry too Jill because man oh man did that hurt. You have to love that when they give you the shot they tell you to relax and not tense up and then JAB you with a needle. Isn't it a natural instinct to tense up when that happens? Aaron also flirted with one of the nurses, I had her my entire pregnancy and I think he recognized her voice. He had some extra smiles for Nurse Shannon and even gave her a high five.

I cannot wait for tomorrow, it will be the kids first real trip to the beach. I know we went to Sarasota a few months ago, but they didn't swim. I'm hoping the weather stays nice, no giant tar balls float up and that our friend Shaun doesn't teach our kids how to say inappropriate things. I have a feeling maybe 1 of the 3 won't happen.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone! Don't forget, still a few more days to enter the Frito-Lay giveaway!

3 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Love the Starbucks! Our girls will be there soon enough. That's the first place I ever took them out, by myself, when they were about 5 months old. We go less frequently now, as they're not content to sit in their stroller for long, but I fantasize about the day that we can pile up on the big sofa there and play one of the games they keep on hand. :)

Do you have a link you can share about the whooping cough vaccine? I read somewhere, too, that parents should be vaccinated (but I can't remember where). I asked my pediatrician about it, and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Thanks!

Amanda said...

Here's the link for the commercial I saw on it: http://tinyurl.com/2crhbp4

SouthernDogwoods said...

So glad to hear you all are feeling better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails