Friday, December 17, 2010

My Favorite Ornaments

Mandy over at My Life as Described by Twin Trails and Triumphs has a link up of everyone's favorite ornaments. I am so late linking up seeing that it started on Monday, but *ahem* my tree just went up on Wednesday. So in no particular order here are three of my favorites:

I got this one from Mimi a few years ago. On the back of it there is a description of traditional Polish customs for Christmas. On the front it says "wesolych swiat" which means "seasons greetings". I love this ornament it's always a reminder of where my family came from.

Scott and I got this ornament from my parents after we got married. Since we met and were married at Disney, it was the perfect ornament! This one definitely gets extra bubble wrap before it goes back in the box.

Each of the kids got this ornament from Cathy and Lorren. Cathy is Aaron's Godmother and Lorren is Jill's. The sheer thought of passing this ornament onto them for their own tree makes me break out in hives and reach for a paper bag to breath into, but at the same time it's nice to know they will have some amazing ornaments for their tree.

Play along with Mandy, today is the last day!

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Wow...I love those ornaments. They are all so special, I can see why they're some of your favorites.

I especially love the Polish one. My side of the family is as Heinz 57 as they come, but my hubby is from former Yugoslavia. I hope our girls will grow up with an appreciation of their heritage.

Thanks so much for linking up, and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! :) :)

Andrea said...

Love the Mickey and Minnie ornament! All 3 are very pretty! This is the first fir me to visit your blog, but I look forward to following along! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails