Monday, January 3, 2011

My Hero

When people talk about their hero's a lot of people will name sports stars, politicians, celebrities or religious leaders. Believe me, I have several hero's in all of those categories, but I also have a hero that does not fall in that category and her name is Amy Raub.

Amy's son Bryce was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma on May 4, 2009, the day before my kiddos turned one. She has handled this whole ordeal with grace, poise and sheer determination. The strength that she has is something that absolutely amazes me. I literally cry every morning reading her journals about Bryce and pray for some comfort for the entire family.

I'm telling you all of this because, in true hero fashion, Amy is joining the 46 Mommas. 46 Mommas is a group of, you guessed it, 46 Mommas whose children are affected by cancer. In conjunction with St. Baldrick's all of these women will shave their head in support of their children.



How powerful is that? I should have warned you to grab some tissues. I cannot tell you how much I admire Amy, and the other 45 Mommas, for doing this. I hope events like this can bring more awareness and fund more research. Be sure to check out 46 Mommas and Amy's page to see how you can help.

Please continue to pray for Bryce, Amy, George and Wade during this time.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I have a facebook friend that is also one of the 46!! Her name is Jodie. I agree that these moms are amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails