Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's been going on...

Oh where to start? So much has been going on...

Friday we went to our friends the B6 for a playdate. I seriously love that our kids get along so well. The girls especially get along really well, maybe too well? I caught them all jumping on the bed and giggling. I like to call this foreshadowing for those slumber parties where you wake up at 2am and hollar "You girls need to quiet down or else!", not that I ever heard that when I was growing up. *ahem*









Saturday Scott and I went for our Valentine's Dinner at Artist's Point inside the Wilderness Lodge. Scott is a HUGE fan of this restaurant so I was excited that we would be able to go. The food there is...rustic, as in I just went out back and shot it, look it's head is mounted on the wall. Scott had the venison and I had....wait for it...buffalo. It was all super delicious and I would totally go back and repeat the entire meal. Naturally after telling people that I had buffalo I got these comments: My MOM sang "Buffalo Gal won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight..." My sister sent me this:



I'm pretty much still in tears.

So bring on Sunday...bloody Sunday. Scott was a dear and let me sleep in and that's when I found out our fridge died. Yup, everything in the freezer was completely defrosted, ice had melted we were in critical save the weeks worth of grocery mode. Nobody was able to come out that day so we had to do a mad dash to Lowe's who thankfully had an old school fridge for sale for $380. We only had to throw out a few items, mainly stuff that was in the freezer. The repairman came out today and said the compressor blew on it, so now we need to wait and see if our warranty company will replace the compressor or the whole fridge.

Yesterday was better, obviously, it was Valentine's Day :) The kiddos were lucky enough to get presents from Tay Tay and Ya-Ya (my sister Cathy and niece Lorren). Aaron got a Lightning McQueen Duplo set, which has not left his sight, and an Animal t-shirt. Jill got a Rapunzel t-shirt, which she immediately needed to wear, and a Rapunzel hair band. They love their new presents and I am so thankful that they have godmothers like Tay Tay and Ya-Ya.


That's what's going on over here, hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails