Friday, April 15, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pok in the Slow Cooker

I love pulled pork sandwiches, so does Scott. I've always used a seasoning packet, but yesterday I decided to try making my own. It was so delicious, I wish I could eat the leftovers today!


Here's what you need:
  • 2 1/2 lbs pork shoulder
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion (I used Vidalia)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar (how come you taste so good)
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard (I used dijon mustard since I didn't have dry mustard)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

What to do:
  • Mix all your liquids and brown sugar
  • Place pork shoulder in crock pot (fat side down)
  • Pour mixture over pork
  • Put in your onions and garlic
  • Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender
  • When it's done shred the meat in the crock pot and remove the bone
  • Let meat sit in sauce on warm for a few minutes
  • Eat and enjoy!

You can easily start this at night before you go to bed and have this as a Saturday lunch, it's perfect! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails