I love pulled pork sandwiches, so does Scott. I've always used a seasoning packet, but yesterday I decided to try making my own. It was so delicious, I wish I could eat the leftovers today!
Here's what you need:
- 2 1/2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (I used Vidalia)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (how come you taste so good)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (I used dijon mustard since I didn't have dry mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
What to do:
- Mix all your liquids and brown sugar
- Place pork shoulder in crock pot (fat side down)
- Pour mixture over pork
- Put in your onions and garlic
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender
- When it's done shred the meat in the crock pot and remove the bone
- Let meat sit in sauce on warm for a few minutes
- Eat and enjoy!
You can easily start this at night before you go to bed and have this as a Saturday lunch, it's perfect! Hope you enjoy!