Friday, April 22, 2011

The Monkey Wrench

Last night we were dealt a big fat blow to our vacation plans. We're all supposed to be going to Chicago for my friends wedding, but Scott was scheduled mandatory overtime for the Friday and Saturday of our vacation. This overtime is the kind that if you call in you can be terminated. Yeah, it only happens like 3 weekends a year and the reason they are so strict with calling out is because nobody wants to work this event. So unless he can find someone to work for him, and trust that they show up, I'm flying solo with almost 3 year old twins. Did your head almost explode too?

I truly believe this is a test, for him it's a test at work, and for me it's a test in patience/strength from God. I joke that my patience is tested every single day and was hoping we were past this test, clearly we are not. Hopefully everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

Any tips for flying with two toddlers are greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails