Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Best Trip EVER

Normally I do not blog about my shopping trips, but today was such an exceptional trip, I had to. I have to start out by saying I love Publix (where shopping truly is a pleasure) and their BOGO's and I love Southern Savers because she always helps save me money. So here's what I got:
  • 4 gallons of Sweet Tea (BOGO)
  • 2 peaches @ 1.99 lb
  • 1 Red onion
  • 2 Fresh Express Triple Hearts (BOGO)
  • 1 Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness (large)
  • 1 Naked Juice
  • Sliced Cantaloupe
  • 1/4 watermelon
  • 1lb green beans
  • 2 Bertolli pasta sauce (BOGO)
  • 2 Bush's Baked Beans (BOGO)
  • 3 Ritz Crackerfull's - total after coupons on these were $3, yup $1 a box
  • 10 Goldfish (10/$10) - total after coupons $6.35 yup, 3 free
  • 4 Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (BOGO) - only paid for 1 box after coupons
  • 2 Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce (BOGO)
  • 2 Lawry's 30 Minute Marinade (BOGO)
  • 4 Kraft Salad Dressing (BOGO) - after coupons only paid for 1 bottle
  • 1 Hillshire Farm Lite Smoked Sausage - bonus because there was a 55 cent off peelie
  • 1 Johnsonville Sausage
  • 6 boxes Aunt Jemima Waffles (BOGO)- after coupons paid $2.19 for all 6
  • 6 Banquet Dinners (10/$10)
  • 2 boxes Quaker Granola Bars
  • 4 boxes 25 count Finish Dish Detergant (BOGO) - $9.98 after coupons
  • 2 packages Kraft Shredded Cheese
  • 1 1lb block of sharp cheddar - paid $3.99
  • 4 Jell-O Temptations - paid $7 for all 4
  • 1 Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon - paid $3.99
  • 2 Lay's Potato Chips (BOGO)
  • 1 slab pork spareribs
  • 1 $50 Hess Gas Card - only paid $40 because of coupon
Add in my $10 Sweetbay coupon (they consider it a competitor), plus all my other coupons and advertised savings the total was.....drumroll please.....


Yes, $137.51 with a savings of $145.91. I walked out of the store with $283.42 worth of groceries. With 75 items in my cart the average cost was $1.83 an item. My sister sent me an angry face when I texted her the receipt and I have a feeling Scott has showed this photo to 99% of his coworkers. Had I not gotten the gas card it would have only been $97.51 with a savings of $135.91 which is equally awesome.

How do you save money on groceries? What's been your best trip?

3 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

I'm impressed!

Jayme said...

Wow, good job! I wish we had a Publix!

Courtney said...

Awesome!! I haven't had a best trip yet as I am just getting into the coupon game. It's hit or miss with me, some weeks I'm into it and some weeks I'm not. I have heard from various people that once you have an awesome trip, you'll be into it all the time. Publix has awesome BOGO's this week and I printed out a list of the ones I'll be sure to get. But an Aldi JUST opened up near the Wal-Mart I usually go to so I plan on doing some shopping there as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails