Friday, July 29, 2011

I haven't even had my coffee yet....

Kids definitely keep you on your toes, that's all I can say.

Aaron has a scab on his foot from his Lightning McQueen sandals, why I have no idea, but whatever. The other day when I put them down for naps he called me in and what did I see? Blood....everywhere. Like blood to the point you would think it was part of a crime scene. He also walked around the entire room, including the book bridge they built. I have never been so glad not to have a library book in the room in my whole life. So I get him bandaged up and start scrubbing the blood out of the carpet. Never in my life did I think I would utter the phrase, "scrubbing the blood out of the carpet". As in, "Oh what did you do today?" "Oh nothing much, had a sandwich, played some games with the kids, scrubbed some blood out of the carpet, made a nice dinner, you know nothing big." I was going to steam clean the carpet yesterday but ended up decided not to, and boy am I glad.

Scott and I went out last night so our sitter was here. I get a text from her when we get out of the movie we were at (more on that on 8/8) that Jill threw up everywhere but she's ok. Awesome, we are an hour away and now I'm nauseous. Our sitter also wasn't kidding, it's like Jill was walking all around the room while throwing up. So there I am last night washing and drying blankies (that she pulled out of the hamper, still covered in vomit), sheets and her nightgown. Then before I steamed the carpets this morning Jill came over to me and said "Mama I was sick, but now I'm happy." And really, that's all that matters, right?

Here's hoping my steam cleaner stays put for a while.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails