Friday, July 15, 2011

Winne the Pooh Review!

Winnie the Pooh is one of the most timeless literary/animated characters of all time. I grew up watching The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and have since passed it on to my children, so when we saw they preview for this film my kids were literally besides themselves. Jill for one has been talking about this movie nonstop since she saw the first preview.

The film itself is inspired by three stories from A.A. Milne’s books in Disney’s classic, hand-drawn art style (my favorite style by the way). This all-new movie reunites audiences with the philosophical “bear of very little brain” and friends Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo—and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore, who has lost his tail. “Ever have one of those days where you just can’t win, Eeyore?” asks Pooh. Owl sends the whole gang on a wild quest to save Christopher Robin from an imaginary culprit. It turns out to be a very busy day for a bear who simply set out to find some honey.



The film also features a new take on the classic Pooh songs. The songs are sung by She & Him singer Zooey Deschanel. As a total side note if you have never listened to She & Him you need to, they are phenomenal and I thank my almost 21 year old niece everyday for introducing me to them.



The film itself is adorable and the perfect length for young children, it's only 68 minutes long. Plus, before the film starts there is an animated short about the Loch Ness Monster, called The Ballad of Nessie, which I hope is featured on the DVD for this film when it comes out.



Both of my kids loved this film and talked about it the entire way home and the day after. They've also asked if they could go back to see it everyday since Monday. If you have younger kids and are looking for a first film to take them to, definitely make it this one. I have a feeling this will be a movie that we see several more times before it leaves the theaters. The film opens today, July 15th, nationwide.


Are any of you planning on seeing Winnie the Pooh this weekend?


Thank you again to my friends at Moroch and Disney Studios for making this possible!

2 comments:

Jill said...

This is going to be my girls' first movie (in a theater). Can't wait!

Souza Sisters said...

We took the girls to see this today! They really like the short about Nessie. After that was over they started clapping and saying, "that was a great show"! I thought the length of the movie was perfect for the kids. I know we will buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Related Posts with Thumbnails