Time for another What's Cookin' Wednesday with Heather of Life as We Know it. This week Aaron and I made these Lunch Box Oatmeal Cookies. I saw them in this weeks coupon insert and immediately had to look them up, they looked so good! Aaron is definitely my helper when it comes to baking and I was so happy he could help me make these, and then sample a few.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked old-fashioned quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire cooling rack.
These cookies are so flippin' delicious! I hope you enjoy them as much as Aaron and I did!