Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harmony Valley Foods Review

As many of you know I don't eat beef. It's not really a "don't kill cows" thing, I just hate the way I feel after I eat it. I usually sub ground chicken or ground turkey for ground beef in my recipes, but it gets old after awhile. I've also been looking for vegetarian options because I want to start cutting out the amount of meat we eat in general. Even if it's just starting with something as simple as a Meatless Monday.

I was able to try Harmony Valley Foods Hamburger Mix. Harmony Valley Foods is a privately owned and operated business in Fort Collins, Colorado since 1984. It creates shelf-stable protein mixes from vegetables to encourage health. The company is dedicated to fully sustainable business practices and is powered by the winds of Northern Colorado. Its products are certified vegan and kosher. Harmony Valley Mixes are available in natural food grocers. Harmony Valley is found in the dry foods aisle- near pastas and whole grains.

With 14 grams of protein and four grams of fiber, Harmony Valley’s soy-based vegetarian mix is the NEW item to have in the pantry to replace ground meat on Mondays. It’s versatile, quick and convenient, and only needs one thing to prepare for cooking – water. Harmony Valley is available in two great flavors: Hamburger and Sausage Mix.

Harmony Valley strives to educate consumers that replacing meat just once a week can improve health and reduce carbon footprints. On the average, Americans consume eight ounces of meat per day – 45% more than the USDA recommends. Going meatless once a week can reduce the risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. It can also help reduce carbon footprints, saving resources like water and fossil fuel. With a designated Meatless Monday, people have a scheduled and recurring reminder to start the week off on a nutritious note.

So what did I make with my Harmony Valley Hamburger Mix? I made nachos for the whole family. Prepping the hamburger mix was so simple, you just add water and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes. That's it. After that you just need to heat it through. So simple, right?



Add the hamburger mix with some vegetarian refried beans, low-fat shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream, salsa and corn chips and you have nachos for your whole family. All of us loved it and I cannot wait to sub this into more of my recipes!

Disclosure: I was provided a sample of Harmony Valley Hamburger Mix for review. The opinions expressed are my own and were in no way influenced.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails