Friday, December 16, 2011

Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake

With all of the holiday parties and pot lucks and "hey can you make something real quick?" things I usually resort to my semi-homemade recipes. This year I wanted to try something new and I found this recipe for Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake on Betty Crocker's site. I've made it in the 13x9 pan and a bundt pan. If you are making this in a bundt make sure you really grease the sides of your pan and you can cut down the amount of apples you use.



Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
  • 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
  • 1 1/2 lb apples, peeled, chopped (3 large)
  • 1 box spice cake mix
  • Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box

What to do:

  • Heat oven to 350°F. In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar and walnuts over butter; stir to combine. Sprinkle chopped apples in pan.
  • Mix cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Pour batter over apples and walnuts in pan.
  • Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 2 minutes; run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve cake warm.
Now, I actually haven't tried this cake because I haven't made it for us yet. My MOM made it and said it's really yummy. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails