Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 lb apples, peeled, chopped (3 large)
- 1 box spice cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
What to do:
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar and walnuts over butter; stir to combine. Sprinkle chopped apples in pan.
- Mix cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Pour batter over apples and walnuts in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 2 minutes; run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve cake warm.