Thursday, March 22, 2012

BlogHer Book Club: The Fault in Our Stars

I was able to read another selection in BlogHer's Book Club. This time we are reading John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. I hadn't heard of John Green before this (apparently I'm one of the only people on this planet that hasn't heard of him), but I have a feeling I'll be adding many more of his books to my ever growing reading list.

The story is about Hazel, a teenage cancer warrior, her life, and the life of her boyfriend Augustus, who is in remission. The book was so incredibly well written, it was honestly hard to put down. To see the world through the eyes of a teenager who is battling cancer, knowing that these could be her last days is just amazing. It's also hard for a writer to write this subject matter and not leave you in a puddle on the floor. Yes, it's emotional, but it's so much more than that. Sometimes you forget that she has cancer, and you think it's just another teenage love story.

Have you read any John Green books? Which are your favorites?

Be sure to join in on the discussion with BlogHer's Book Club!



This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails