Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Over the weekend I was able to take my kiddos to see the new film, The Pirates! Band of Misfits. We saw a preview for it when we saw The Lorax, and I knew in that moment they would love this movie, I had no idea, however, just how much I would as well.

In The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Hugh Grant stars in his first animated role as the luxuriantly bearded Pirate Captain – a boundlessly enthusiastic, if somewhat less-than-successful, terror of the High Seas. With a rag-tag crew at his side, and seemingly blind to the impossible odds stacked against him, the Captain has one dream: to beat his bitter rivals Black Bellamy (Jeremy Piven) and Cutlass Liz (Salma Hayek) to the much coveted Pirate Of The Year Award. It’s a quest that takes our heroes from the shores of exotic Blood Island to the foggy streets of Victorian London. Along the way they battle a diabolical queen (Imelda Staunton) and team up with a haplessly smitten young scientist (David Tennant), but never lose sight of what a pirate loves best: adventure!
My kids thought the movie was great and were ready to be pirates by the end of the film. My husband and I were wiping tears from our faces throughout most of the movie. I have to say, I do love when movies are funny for both kids and adults. Hugh Grant, whom I love, was perfectly cast as Pirate Captain. I will warn you though that the movie is rated PG, not G, and the word "ass" is used once. So keep that in mind if you go to see it.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits opens in theaters this Friday, April 27th.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails