Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crock Pot Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

I found this yummy recipe on Pinterest from Six Sisters' Stuff, and had to try it, so when pork roasts went on sale this week I knew this would be what I would be doing with it. I made it a little different from the way they did, but here's how they did it and at the end I'll tell you how I did it.



Ingredients:

1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

What to do:

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Place roast in slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan.
Bring liquid to a boil.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
Gradually stir into pan.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Slice roast; serve with gravy.

Here's what I did different:

Instead of combining everything in a bowl and then pouring over the pork I poured the oil on the pork first, then the honey, the I put the garlic and stabbed it into the roast, the poured in the soy sauce.  I mixed the cheese, salt, and basil together and coated the top and sides of the roast with it. It made a yummy crust.

I also made Tay Tay's yummy garlic mashed potatoes with this and the gravy was really yummy on there.

Hope you like this!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails