Thursday, June 28, 2012

BlogHer Book Club: What Alice Forgot

I've previously read What Alice Forgot before it was selected for BlogHer's Book Club.  It was definitely one of those books that took me a few chapters to get into and then I could not put it down. I think I finished it in less than a week the first time I read it.

The book is about Alice and how she forgets 10 years of her life after an accident in spin class. Can you imagine forgetting 10 years of your life? She wakes up and has no idea that she has children, that her marriage is in shambles, and cannot figure out for the life of her why she was even in a spin class. The book follows Alice on her journey to piece together the 10 years she has lost.

In the book club discussions this week we are talking about how Alice should have had a blog. I think if there was a major accident and I lost 10 years of my life, a blog would definitely come in handy. Granted, 10 years ago I wouldn't have even known what a blog was and would never imagine myself writing one. 10 years ago I wouldn't have even known my husband and had zero plans of being married before 30. Yeah, that plan panned out.

Be sure to check out all of the discussions going on over at BlogHer and pick up a copy of What Alice Forgot, it's a great read!

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails