Friday, July 27, 2012

From the mouths of babes

The kiddos have been extra humorous lately, so I just have to share some of the things they've been doing.

We are still working with Aaron on being potty trained. He's good during the day, but he isn't totally night time trained yet, or poop trained for that matter. Anyway, the other day he said he had to poop and went running for the bathroom, I told him to get started and I would be right there. Well, Miss Jill apparently also had to potty and proceeded to kick her brother off the toilet. So I come around the corner and there is Aaron, no pants, and then splat. There's the poop. I hear a flush and Jill comes around the corner, "Oh no, Aaron pooped on the floor." I asked her if she kicked him off the potty, "Yeah, I had to go." Good gravy...he did manage to finally poop in the potty later though. Finally!

Mimi's birthday is coming up and Jill and I were talking about her birthday cake while in the baking aisle of our grocery store. Here's how that went:

Jill: I think Mimi wants strawberry cake for her birthday.
Me: Why do you think that?
Jill: Um it's her favorite.
Me: Really? I thought her favorite was yellow.
Jill: No, strawberry.
Me: Funny, because strawberry is YOUR favorite.
Jill: It is my favorite.
Me: Is that why you want to make it? J
ill: Uh huh.
Me: Even though it's not Mimi's favorite?
Jill: Hmmmm?

Since Aaron finally pooped in the potty the other day, we went to Target to get him a special prize. When Jill did this she got a Belle doll, so I made a point to take him for this as well. Since I can't buy for one and not the other though I let Jill pick out something small as well. Aaron picked out an Iron Man action figure (I called it a doll once and Scott has not stopped reminding me it is in fact an action figure) and Jill picked out a Barbie purse.  Inside this purse is a Barbie drivers license.


When we went to see Mimi and Paw Paw later that day she handed me her Barbie license and asked me to show it at the security gate. Had the line not been 5 cars deep I think I would have.

Sadly, our neighbor had to put their dog down. They did this over a month ago, but since everyone has been either vacationing or just busy in general, we haven't crossed paths that much. When we were catching up Aaron asked about the dog and our neighbor said she was in heaven. Aaron gave me the "WTF?" look and I said we would talk about it later. I left this discussion to Scott, and there is my main mistake. Here's how this went:

Scott: Hey bud, Ginger was really sick so she had to go on the rainbow bridge up to heaven to be with all of the other doggies.
Aaron: Rainbow bridge?
Me: A what now?
Scott: Yes, a rainbow bridge that takes doggies to heaven.
Aaron: What colors are on the bridge? Red? Blue? Yellow? Green?
Me: And you lost him....

Needless to say we are still having the 'doggies go to heaven' chat.

What funny things are your kiddos saying? I'd love to hear them!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails