(Before it went into the oven)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic (or cheat and use the minced garlic in the jar)
- Saute both in a skillet with olive oil until softened
- Slice your veggies. I used a mandolin so that everything was even.
- Spray the inside of an 8x8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish.
- Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
This was so delicious! Even Aaron had seconds. I hope you like this as much as we did!